This is National Pet Week®! And since we know you are an uber-caring pet owner, we thought you’d like to know that there are 7 simple things you can do to be a responsible pet owner:
- Keep your pet at a healthy weight.
- Exercise your pet.
- Feed your pet a balanced, nutritious diet.
- Have your veterinarian examine your pet at least once a year to make sure your pet is healthy and to help detect problems earlier.
- Vaccinate your pet against potentially deadly diseases such as distemper, parvo, panleukopenia and rabies.
- Keep your pet free of parasites (fleas and ticks, heartworm, etc.) – consult your veterinarian for the best product for your pet.
- Spay or neuter your pet.