If your getting ready to travel or go on holiday, instead of boarding your pet in an unfamiliar facility or burdening a friend, why not consider a professional pet sitter?
But how do you find the right pet sitter to trust with your best friend? We’re here with a few important tips that will help you feel more comfortable that your pets are safer, healthier, entertained, and well-cared for while you are away:
- First and foremost, find a pet sitter that is affiliated with a company that is fully bonded and insured.
- Check the company’s and the sitter’s references, and check their social media sites for reviews.
- Confirm that your sitter has undergone a criminal background check, drug screening and received proper training in pet first aid and CPR.
- Call your chosen sitter and pre-interview them with your pets on hand so that you and your pet(s) feel comfortable.
- Outline all your pet sitter expectations ahead of time regarding playing, feeding, cleaning, walking, medical needs and more.
- Make sure that the sitter and the pet sitting company are available seven days a week, and provide ‘backup’ care if your sitter has an emergency.
By following these tips both you and your pet(s) will feel more comfortable while you are away.