Birds are not dogs!! This may seem obvious, but many bird owners have been surprised (not in a good way) when their bird becomes distressed or ill while they are away. Proper care for birds is important as they are sensitive to many environmental conditions. So if you want to find a reliable, quality sitter for your bird, we’ve put together a list of questions you should ask.
Top 5 questions you should ask before you hire a bird sitter
1. What previous experience do you have with birds?
2. Are you bonded and insured?
3. What happens if my bird gets sick while I am away?
4. How many times a day will my bird be checked, and how much time will you spend interacting with him?
5. Can I call you for progress reports? Will you text me photos of my bird? (ok, that’s really 2 questions 😉 )
Snaggle Foot Pet Care Specialists receive training in basic pet care plus important skills like Pet CPR and Pet First Aid. Contact us for more information on how we can care for your feathered family!